Table of Contents
Bicycle riding is a popular recreational activity, especially in Los Angeles, California – one of the best states for cycling. Bicycle accidents can cause lifelong psychological trauma, serious injury, and in some instances, death. Therefore, it is advisable to contact a bicycle accident lawyer in Los Angeles CA, as a priority, soon after receiving medical care.
Our experienced lawyers at California Personal Injuries Attorneys (CPIA) offer free consultation to help you understand your legal rights regarding your personal injury claim from insurance companies.
CPIA law firm’s testimonies are proof of our legal expertise, compassion, and success.
Bicycle Accident Statistics
According to the 2018 data from the National Center for Statistics and Analysis, California accounted for the second-highest number of bicycle accident fatalities. The data also confirmed the following bicycle accident statistics for the country.
- 857 pedal-cyclist died in bicycle accidents, of which 155 deaths were in California
- 47 - the average age of bicycle riders killed in motor vehicle crashes
- 79% of bicycle accident fatalities occurred in urban areas
- 29% of bicycle accident deaths occurred at intersections
Some of the most common causes of Los Angeles bicycle accidents include:
- Bicycle collisions with car doors due to driver inattention
- Cars recklessly overtaking cyclists legally occupying the road
- Riding a bicycle against traffic
- Exiting a private driveway
What To Do When You are in a Bicycle Accident
When involved in a bicycle accident in LA, the consequences could be severe, if not fatal. The first thing to do is to call 911 for medical assistance and report the accident to the relevant law enforcement officials.
Once this has been done, and the necessary medical care has been given, then you need to contact an accident attorney to assist with medical bills and serious injury claims from insurance companies, or whoever may be liable for such claims.
Common injuries sustained in a bicycle accident include:
- Road rash from superficial abrasions and debris embedded in the skin
- Strains, fractures, and dislocations
- Internal organ damage
- Eye, neck, and brain trauma
Personal injuries sustained because of a bicycle accident may require life-long medical care for which the responsible party is liable.
Effective interventions that can help prevent bicycle-related injuries and fatalities include:
- Wearing a helmet
- Wearing retro-reflective and fluorescent clothing
- Active lightning, including front white lights and back red lights
- Roadway engineering, such as bike lanes
Why Choose California Personal Injury Attorneys for Bicycle Accident Claims
Los Angeles is a densely populated area where people of all ages enjoy riding their bicycles.
California Personal Injury Attorneys are dedicated to providing you with the legal support that you deserve. We can assist with determining who is responsible for the bicycle accident and ensure sufficient compensation is claimed on your behalf.
Making use of our professional team of accident lawyers protects you, and your loved ones, from being manipulated and, or, intimidated by insurance firms.
Ensuring adequate settlement for costs such as:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Physical rehabilitation
- Psychological trauma
Contact CPIA as soon as possible to ensure you receive the necessary assistance with your personal injury claim.